Having had bad luck with my first contest, I was not going to let my second prize winning go to waste. To make sure I made it to the Georgia Straight office (everything about them is geared for Vancouverites – they are only open Monday to Friday during office hours), I changed my work schedule to arrive at 8 am and leave at 4 pm, then I drove across town to make it to their office a mere 15 minutes before they closed. (Lest you think I polluted the air with needless driving, I made sure to be at least somewhat environmentally responsible and combined my trip wtih a couple of errands. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any more contests.)
Not wanting to squander my winnings, I also made plans to see Unknown the next day. My husband and I made it just in time…to take our pick of seats. I don’t know how movie theatres survive today. I like going out and I like seeing movies on the big screen. Probably most people now have large TVs so they have no desire to go out anymore.
The movie turned out to be pretty fun. After a car accident, Liam Neeson’s character comes out of a coma to find out his wife no longer recognizes him and some other guy is pretending to be him. Anyhow, you most likely know this – I don’t have cable or read entertainment news anymore, so I have no idea what movies are playing. If not, let me tell you the best part.
The movie is set in Berlin.
There you go. You’ll enjoy the movie, too, if you like car chases.
My contest contest winnings now amount to:
RV Show tickets $16
Unknown movie tickets $25
So I am behind R, but gaining! I am sure with my next few contests I should catch up:
- Entered for a copy of the Factory Girl DVD.
- Entered to win a Bambi DVD because I haven’t seen it yet and, furthermore, I am soon to have a lot of neices- and nephews-in-law.
- Entered to win tickets to the musical Yippies in Love.
- A Boardgame Geek contest.
- Completed a survey at the Hotel Vancouver for an entry into a monthly draw for dinner.
- Entered a business card draw at the Smart Mouth coffee shop in Gastown.
- The Miss 604 Dining Out for Life Listel Jazz Package: Accommodation for two in an art-infused Gallery Floor room at the Listel, a $100 CDN gift certificate for dinner in the award-winning O’Doul’s Restaurant & Bar (with live jazz 7 nights a week), and the O’Doul’s Jazz CD “Take Time”, featuring Vancouver’s top jazz performers for your personal collection (2 entries).
- Two tickets to the opening night and Vancouver premiere of Wonderland on March 24 at 8 p.m. at the Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts, on the Georgia Straight website.
- Also on the Georgia Straight website, A pair of tickets to see Wild Honey at the UBC Frederic Wood theatre.
- A Whole Foods – Intrepid Travel Peru Trip 9-night/10-day adventure for 2 including airfare, accommodations, local transportation and select meals.
- The Discover Mussels trip to San Francisco (good name!). This prize includes airfare to San Francisco, four nights accommodation, a day trip to the world renowned vineyards of nearby Napa Valley and dinner at one of San Francisco’s top seafood restaurants.
- A ten-day cruise on Holland America (entered on the Frontgate website).
- Entered to win a trip to Oahu on the Traditional Home magazine website.
- A pair of tickets ($84 value) to the March 26, 8 p.m. performance of 1984 at The Cultch, also entered on the Georgia Straight website.
- The A Touch of the Irish Evening including 4 tickets to opening night of Riverdance on April 5th, dinner for 4 at the Irish Heather GastroPub and a night’s stay at the Westin Grand Vancouver on the CTV website.
- A Banana Republic gift card on this site.
- A contest for one of 10 The King’s Speech DVDs on this other site; apparently lots of people love this movie and they keep recommending it to me.
- The same website for a copy of the Food Inc. and Sharkwater DVD. I far prefer documentaries and nonfiction books, so this is finally a contest I am really excited about.
- Another DVD contest, this time for The Fighter, which I also have heard about.
- A 9-day trip to England.
- A large round 15″ Pizza with three toppings and a 12″ Garlic Cheese Fingers every month for a year from Pizza Delight. I’m sure I could find a use for this.