Another win! This time it’s two movie tickets for Unknown from the Georgia Straight. It sounded like a plot-twister of a movie and I rarely even have a chance to read up about movies these days, never mind actually seeing them. Aside from The King’s Speech, which my coworker saw and recommended, I didn’t recognize any of the nominated movies. I discover movies these days from the trailers on the DVDs I borrow from the library. Thus, my wonderful husband and I will be off to see this psychological thriller.
I never did get my winning tickets in the mail from the first contest.
Meanwhile, the contest entries continue:
- During lunch, I scour Urbanspoon for my favourite local restaurants and add them to my Burnaby Now entry into their $2000 contest – shopping sprees at Lougheed, Brentwood and Metrotown Malls.
- Valentine’s Day dinner at The Teahouse, via Raul’s Hummingbird 604.
- Entered to win an iPad (four entries actually).
- Entered to win another $500 grocery gift card.
- An iPod Nano (because I am sure someone in my circle of friends can use it – it’s a music thing I assume).
- A Tide gift basket because I am into doing laundry a lot. At $125, that’s like a few years’ supply of laundry detergent.
- Tickets to the ballet for two orchestra seats to the February 19 performance of Volo.
- Tickets to the musical Falsettos.
- Entered a Surrey Public Library contest for four movie tickets.
- Entered to win two tickets to the Spirit of Africa Festival opening night concert.
- Another iPad entry.
- Tickets to a Vancouver Cantata Singers concert later this month.
- Tickets to the Gnomeo and Juliet movie, which, thanks to the skill-testing question, I remembered I had a nascent crush on James McAvoy.
- Entered the Leonidas Chocolate contest.
- A vacation in Richmond: two nights at a Richmond hotel, dinner at a good Chinese restaurant and more. I can fit all this into my unusual work schedule! I really hope I win this one!
- The True Grit novel – apparently it’s now some sort of Oscar-nominated film. I like books, especially nonfiction ones, but there aren’t many book contests, so this is as close as I can get to entering a book I want contest.
- Entered for tickets to the Vancouver International Dance Festival.
- Tickets for Bach’s St. John Passion.
- Tickets to Hard Times Hit Parade, a play about a dance marathon.
- Tickets to a string orchestra.
- A double movie pass to Biutiful.
- An espresso coffee maker.
- A Carnival cruise, because I could use a trip anywhere and because cruises basically mean I will be reading a lot and getting ahead on my to-read list.
- A holiday at a Mexican resort.
- A trip for four to Jasper, because I only ever went to Banff when I lived in Alberta. Heck, it would be nice to go anywhere in the Rockies. There are some really nice places I have good memories of over there.
- A trip to Tokyo because I love visiting Japan. It’s been three years almost since I’ve been to Japan and I think I am past due for my biannual onsen visit.
- A diamond bracelet, earrings or ring, which I would give to my mom. Seriously. She would love this.
- A contest for a kitchen makeover.
- A trip for two to London or else a Nintendo gadget, because I could use the trip and I am sure Matt would find some use for another electronic doodad.
- A contest from Pacific Cinematheque for two tickets to a South African music documentary.
- Tickets to a flamenco performance on Saturday (which I would give to my parents).
- Tickets to the movie Unknown. (This is what I won.)