Winning sometimes eludes me, no matter how hard I try. Droughts make me sad–not because I want more stuff, but because I miss the element of surprise. However, like many droughts, this one ended with a downpour. I won five prizes in just over two weeks!
1. April 9th: It all began with Leonard Cohen’s Book of Longing. @chaptersindigo posted a contest on Twitter. It involved tweeting the name of your favourite Canadian poet to receive Cohen’s book of poetry. I chose Robert Service, as he was one of the few Canadian poets I remembered. Luckily, my tweet was one of the five winning ones!
2. April 11th: The second prize I won was an all day pass to Fusion 2013:
I entered this contest via e-mail with through The Georgia Straight. I entered in hopes that my husband would go, as he’s interested in photography and videography. Unfortunately, he was working on a side job that day and there were no takers for the pass, so I had to forfeit this prize.
3. April 14th: Next, I won a $10 gift card to Metropolis.
I won this by playing the spin and win contest on their website. I ended up spending my gift card at Lush. I bought a face mask called Love Lettuce.
This mask is amazing! It makes my skin feel really soft and costs less than $10! I have tried lots of face masks and I would really recommend this one to anyone with combination skin like myself.
4. April 23rd: My fourth win was two tickets to Got Craft?
I entered on Facebook and won the prize by answered a trivia question about the show more quickly than anyone else. I must confess I was watching my news feed like a hawk in order to get those tickets. Got Craft? is my favourite craft show of the year. Not only do they have fabulous vendors, but they have a lot of DIY workshops which I love! Oh, and I took my wonderful mother with me to the show!
5. April 24th: My last post-drought win came on the heels of my fourth one. I won two tickets Nikkei National Museum’s art auction fundraiser.
I won this prize on Facebook/Twitter from Hello Vancity:
I greatly enjoyed the auction, canapés, and the beautiful dolls, one of which I bought for my Mom for Mother’s Day. Check back for an upcoming post.
**Total winnings are approximately: $134.00 to date.
***A fond farewell to Rubens; my year of chocolate ended yesterday.